Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Blog to Remember

The interview that caught my attention was Megan Reardon's, known from her blog Not Martha.  As a crafty person myself, I was immediately drawn to her interview and ended up viewing her blog.  She is really into baking which is something that I can really relate to.  When viewing her blog there were many posts that dealt with food and traveling which are two things I love! 

What I like about Reardon is that she is so down to earth and blogs for herself.  She did not create the blog thinking that it would become as popular as it has.  When asked why she thought her site was popular she responded "I cannot be certain, a clever name and longevity perhaps. (Is the site popular? I'm a little uncomfortable saying that since I don't really know if it is, I don't have any perspective on that.)"  She seems thrown off and does not want to assume that she is a known blogger. However, she does like the feedback she gets from people and how blogging has helped her talk to people she would never have met otherwise.  These are things that have motivated her to continue.

 I believe that blogging is typically something personal and I like that Reardon felt the same way.  She said that the reason she began blogging was so that she could write things down.  She was tired of cluttering her house with all the information and did not want to forget things.  I found it intriguing that she did not just open up a word document and write things down for herself.  She began a public blog so that others could she what she was writing.  Looking at Reardon's blog and reading about her interview definitely got me more excited to write on my own blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment