Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Traveling...made easy

In less than 3 months I will be studying in Limerick, Ireland! It is all becoming more real and kinda scary honestly.  I have never been out of the country or away from home for over 3 whole months, but with this being said I am extremely excited.  Before I can go, however, there are many things that must be done in preparation.  Something I have noticed while planning this trip is that the internet makes traveling a hell of a lot easier.  To book my flight I went online and checked out a few websites and ended up buying the plane ticket through the airline, but on their website.  It was all done online and it was quick, easy, and efficient; I was able to just take the time I needed in the privacy of my own home.  If you need to change anything with regards to the flight they make that easy too and then once it is booked they send you a confirmation email! So now whenever I need to check my flight information for the college's needs I just go to my email and find the information needed.  The internet made this a whole lot easier and I felt that it was a safe route to go.  I trusted the website that I bought the ticket from and so far they have had good follow-up... I don't want to say too much about it though because I'll have to see if it all works out. The internet also provides outlets to look up information about places in Ireland so I can see where I want to go and have trips planned out before I even get there. Oh the great things the internet can do.

2 comments:

  1. I have noticed this as well when I was looking for flights for my parents. There are so many options to compare rates with one another to make sure you get the best deal. The ability to add on hotel and transportation with a simple click is also a great addition. There is really no reason to go through the middle man of a travel agency.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, I just want to say that congratulations on being accepted into the study abroad program! It sounds like it's going to be a great time and you I guarantee that you won't regret it! I had a friend who studied abroad in Limerick and they absolutely loved everything about it, so although you have every right to be nervous (I would be too), it'll be nothing but a good time. With that being said, I completely agree with you on how easy it is to travel with the age of the internet. Not long ago I decided to travel to Arizona to visit a friend, I was able to do everything online, even check in! I didn't think everything would be so easy, but it surprised me and I'm glad it wasn't a hassle since it was my first time traveling alone. You have to admit that so many things being controlled by the internet does have its perks.

    ReplyDelete